Here are a selection of the top 33 business tools that we have reviewed. Click on the heading category to access more reviews or click on the name to go right to the vendor:
Business tools for building a website are important and helpful. Whether you have a retail store in a physical location, a web store, or just providing a service, you should have a website even if it is very basic. There are multiple steps to this process which include:
- Purchase a domain name that reserves the name for your website (eg. www.google.com)
- Choose a vendor to host your website.
- Build a website with information about your business. You can choose from any of the following tools that have free and paid solutions which are very intuitive that will allow you to build a functional site very easily.
- Weebly: FREE Build a free website that grows with your business.
- Constant Contact: FREE website builder enables you to create a professional, mobile-responsive website in just minutes—no tech skills.
- Wix: Freedom to create, design, manage and develop your web presence exactly the way you want.
- Domain.com: Stand out with a domain name that’s perfectly you. New and improved Website Builder is intuitive and easy.
- Network Solutions: Build your online presence, make an impact. All you need in one place from the world’s first domain provider.
Another aspect of business tools is dealing with actually getting paid. An invoicing app is a must for all small businesses. It is a great way to be organized, look professional and save a lot of time. Most invoicing applications allow you to customize your invoices, enter job information in the field, send invoices, payment reminders and receipts. Reporting tools allow you to keep track of each client. Some apps also have additional features also allow you to take payments with a link in the invoice, track time on the job, take deposits and many more. Plus when it comes to taxes, exporting this information for accounting is a breeze.
- Zoho Invoice: FREE Invoicing software to invoice, remind and accept payments. Send quotes, track time, monitor expenses & accept payments.
- Square: FREE invoicing app to run your business on the go: invoicing, payments, automatic reminders and, real-time tracking and reporting
- thryv: FREE. Explore the only all-in-one management software built for small business.
- QuickBooks: Small Business and Self-Employed Accounting Software
- FreshBooks: App is designed with simplicity in mind and trusted by millions of small business owners and self-employed professionals.
- Jobber: Your business’ command center to power your sales, operations, and customer service—all in one place. Perfect for residential and commercial service businesses with teams up to 50.
Although incorporation is not difficult, the business tools around this service can help you avoid costly mistakes. Choosing the legal structure will impact important details such as how you protect your personal assets, clarify operating structure, and Federal, State & Local tax requirements if any. Many of the featured firms below will walk you through the process.
Here are a few useful tips to remember:
- Get a Federal EIN number (like a Social Security number for Businesses), that you need for opening a Bank Account and filing taxes. You can get this through the vendors or for free at the IRS website.
- Check your local government websites for State and Local business registration/ license or other requirements.
- Rocket Lawyer: FREE TRIAL Services from legal documents or advice of an attorney from their network, come with subscription at no extra cost.
- Legal Templates: FREE TRIAL US Legal Forms, Documents, and Contracts, Customize, sign, and download your legal document in minutes
- File Now: Easy, Fast Company Creation With Free EIN and Registered Agent
- Zen Business: Technology and automated processes provide a fast & low-cost business formation services that meets your business needs.
- Swyft Filings: Do what you love. We’ll handle the paperwork. Start your business with confidence. Affordable. Fast. Simple.
- MyCorporation: Save money and simplify the process of starting your business by bundling the services you need.
There are some very innovative business tools for banking that can save time and fees. It is always a good idea to open a business bank account that is separate from your personal account. It will help you keep track of how your business is doing – revenue, expenses, profits, cash in hand etc. – and help you manage your business. Also It will save a lot of headaches during tax time with all transactions in one place. Online banks are very easy to use and great for someone starting a business.
- Novo: FREE banking tools to small businesses, all within the Novo app. Use any ATM without fees from us. Send unlimited payments & paper checks for free.
- Axos Bank: FREE All of the features, none of the fees. with Essential Checking
- Payoneer: Ready to simplify your global payments? Discover a Better Way to Get Paid by Companies & Clients Worldwide.
- dun&bradstreet: Build your business credit. May help your company qualify for loans, lower interest rates, attract new customers etc.
Depending on your business needs you may consider some of these additional business tools to enhance productivity.
- Acuity Scheduling: FREE Scheduling Software for your Small Business. Your online assistant works 24/7 to fill your schedule.
- easyship: FREE software to help you Save Money on Shipping Worldwide.
- Constant Contact: Email Marketing for Small Businesses
- Ooma Business: Small business phone system that cuts your phone bill
- Nextiva: A Modern Business Phone System
Depending on your business needs you may consider some of these vendors.
- Deluxe Business Products: Business Products & COVID-19 Healthcare Products
- OfficeFurniture.com: Free shipping on every purchase.
- Just Answer: Connect one-on-one with an Expert who will answer your question
- eSigns: Cool Custom Signs! Made-to-Order Banners!
- sam’s club: Shop for your business
- mac of all trades: Certified Refurbished Apple Products
- ePackageSupply.com: BPA free food grade containers